1．They set off_______a trip_______London.
A．on; for B．on; to C．for; to D．for; for
2．The evening party the children are looking forward to_______this evening.
A．being held B．holding C．be held D．will be held
3．_______that_______people like smoking.
A．It was said; many such B．It is said; such many
C．People said; such many D．It is said; many such
4．It seems that_______but John_______what happened to him.
A．no one; and I knows B．nobody; and me knows
C．none; and me know D．everyone; and me know
5. I don’t think these black clothes ______her age. I guess red ones may be better.
A. match B. fit C. connect D. equal
6. They are now in great need of help. So your support will certainly make a ______
A. deal B. decision C .point D. difference
7. There is no point ____ further. It won’t help much.
A. on explaining B. to explain C. of explaining D. in explaining
8. The climbers are______ after the long and hard trip. They need rest and food badly.
A. used up B. made up C. given out D. run out
9. The shoe was discovered on the Chilkoot Pass, the famous trail used by people _gold in Alaska.
A. looking B. finding C. searching D. seeking
10. When I saw Jane, I stopped and smiled, but she _____ me ad walked on.
A. refused B. ignored C. missed D. avoided
11. I must thank my parents ___________ to be a college student.
A. to make it possible for me B. to make it possible to me
C. for making it possible for me D. for making it possible to me
12. Does the school tolerate late very often?
A. their pupils to come B. their pupils’ coming
C. their pupils come D. their pupils can come
13. Young people usually _________ sports heroes, like Michael Jordon and Tiger Woods, who are really amazing.
A. live up to B. go up to C. look up to D. stand up to
14. What makes us worried is that the number of the people _________ to drugs is ________.
A. addicted; increased B. addicting; increased
C. addicted; increasing D. addicting; increasing
15. Will you drop in at my house this afternoon if ?
A. it is convenient for you B. you are convenient
C. it is convenient of you D. you will be convenient
16. She gives dinner parties , with the best food and wine.
A .in style B. in the style C. in a style D. at style
17. He has never liked meat, and has always had a(n) ____for vegetables and fruit.
A. inspiration B. feeling C. idea D. preference
18. what I think, what would you like to do?
A. Setting aside B. Setting out C. Setting about D. Setting off
19. They used to take their holidays in their own country foreign countries.
A. in favour of. B. in preference to C. in honour of D. in spite of
20. A nest is to a bird a house is to a man.
A. where B. how C. what D. when
21. Modern plastics can _____very high and very low temperatures.
A. stand B. hold C. carry D. support
22. Eating too much fat can heart disease and cause high blood pressure.
A. relate to B. contribute to C. attend to D. devote to
23. The road sign is easy to read; the words well.
A. make out B. stand out C. work out D. turn out
24. My father recommended that I my officer.
A. didn’t disobey B. not to disobey C. not disobey D. mustn’t disobey
25. Paris is small in comparison London.
A. with B. by C. to D. for
26. I feel when some people say geography is and difficult to learn.
A. confused; confused B. confusing; confusing
C. confused; confusing D. confusing; confused
27. We have only a short holiday, so let’s the most of it and try to enjoy ourselves.
A. get B. take C. make D. have
28. It is a simple dish to prepare, mainly ____ rice and vegetables.
A. consisting of B. made up of C. made from D. consisting in
29. There is no ______for their belief that the sun is the center of the universe.
A. idea B. reason C. basis D. construction
30. When I left the hotel, I a glimpse of a man walking slowly past the window.
A. caught B. took C. made D. gave
31. She has successfully a career with bringing up a family.
A. joined B. connected C. managed D. combined
32. To the child’s quick recovery, five doctors took turns looking after him day and night.
A. ensure B. undertake C. promise D. indicate
33. Even if the treatment ______, there is still no magic pill for patients in the late stages of Aids.
A. does B. uses C. works D. helps
34. Our football ream will compete against the Japanese team this evening. Let’s go and , shall we?
A. cheer them up B. join them up C. add them up D. pick them up
35. Could people become infected_____ HIV by swimming in a pool or sitting in a bath?
A. with B. of C. into D .to
36. If we_____ the train, we would have to wait an hour at the station
A. miss B. would miss C. have missed D. were to miss
37. —I’d like to book a room for tonight.
—Sorry, sir, but we don’t have any rooms _____ at the moment.
A. available B. usable C. suitable D. comfortable
38. Many companies give away small quantities of their produce as so that people can try them before buying them.
A. experiences B. experiments C. examples D. samples
39. My father my brother for driving but he wanted to pick the knowledge of the computer during his spare time.
A. advised; up B. persuaded; out C. intended; up D. managed; out
40. How much you read is not very important. It is what you read that .
A. counts B. minds C. values D. means
41. The Spring Festival is .We should get prepared for a celebration now.
A. in the way B. by the way C. on the way D. under way
42. The girl is badly injured. You’d better _____first aid to her before taking her to hospital.
A. make B. do C. take D. afford
43. The girl witnessed the man burst into the bank on a dark night the week before last.
A. to see B. seeing C. to seeing D. having seen
44. you run into John, tell him he owes me a letter?
A. Would B. Should C. Could D. Might
45. I ______ him to give up that foolish idea, but he said he wanted to have a try.
A. persuaded B. didn’t try to persuade C. tried to persuade D. didn’t persuade
46. _____ in writing letters, he had no time to notice me.
A. Engaged B. Moved C. Interested D. Surprised
47. If you keep practicing your son in football, he ___________ to be a famous player.
A. wants B. hopes C. wishes D. promises
48. The flu is believed _______ by viruses that like to reproduce in the cells inside the human nose and throat.
A. causing B. being caused C. to be caused D. to have caused
49. _________ different life today is from _________ was fifty years ago!
A. What a; what B. How; what C. What; what D. What a; how
50. The problem just ____ to be discussed at the next meeting.
A. referred is B. referred to be C. referring to is D. referred to is
  下一页
实践证明经常访问无忧英语教育网 www.51education.net ,能迅速提高你的英语学习能力!积沙成塔,不断提高! 本站所提供的所有信息仅供学校课堂教学及英语学习者学习研究之用，其著作权归原作者及媒体所有。