1. — Will our team win the match? — _________ Our players are the best!
A．There's not much doubt about it．B．There's some doubt about it．
C．No problem! D．It's hard to say．
2. The editor's job is to keep the newspaper______ and _____ to the readers．
3. My favourite article is____I wrote about the efforts to bring stolen cultural relics back to China.
A．that B．one C．what D．which
4. —Mum，is the pair of gloves _______ mine? —Yes．You have to wear another pair.
A．washing B．have washed C．having washed D．being washed
5. Please explain how two or more things are similar ________ different from each other．
A．to or B．or C．to and D．and
6. Mrs Green is a _________ teacher．
A．born B．bearing C．experiencing D．experienced
7.Hawking says that even the best theory can________ to be wrong．
A．turn up B．turn down C．turn off D．turn out
8.Everyone has his or her special_________ and_____________ ．
A．skill；interest B．skills；interests C．skill；interests D．skills；interest
9.He must be lying，for what he says doesn't__________ the fact．
A．fit B．match C．suit D．get
10. The result is a better understanding of the world__________.
A．on the side B．on the sides C．on all the sides D．on all sides
—I can't decide which dress I should wear at my friend's wedding party．
一I don't think it__________．
A．the matter；the matter B．matter；matters C．the matter；matters D．matter；the matter
12.The peaceful meeting ended when the company___________ a group of angry men_____________ sticks to fight with the citizens．
A．sent off；armed with B．sent off；arming with
C．sent out；armed with D．sent out；arming with
13. collections of poetry，poems are put together.
A．On B．In C．At D．Of
14.If you are the judge，you must your personal feelings．
A．set about B．set off C．set out D．set aside
15.A new school building is under construction，so we can't walk we liked as before．
A．as B．where C．which D．when
16.He must be angry, for we heard the glass ________ on the floor.
A. being broken B. break C. broken D. to be broken
17. reading is to mind，food is to blood．
A．That B．Which C．How D．What
18.Mrs Black went back to place she had found the diamond．
A．the same；where B．the same；as C．the same；that D．as the same；as
19.----I'll stand him if he is right．----You always support the man who is right．
A．by B．up to C．with D．in for
20．Modern English from about the middle 16th century．
A．took place B．came about C．came into being D．happened
21.一What happened? 一Oh，the street is ．We have to go another way．
A．blocked out B．blocked off C．blocked down D．blocked in
22.The good news inspired us hope．
A．of B．to C．with D．in
23.Five detectives were searching the murderer，Holmes ．
A．for；including B．／；including C．for；included D．／；included
24．----What should we our new house ? 一Flowers，I think．
A．equip；with B．fill；with C．decorate；with D．furnish；to
25. —Is there anything________ in today's newspaper?
—Yes. Two places______ have just been opened to the public in Xi'an.
A. of interest; of interest B. interesting; of interests
C. interested; interesting D. interesting; of interesting
26. One way to catch a____ of the future is___ some of the major trends in contemporary society.
A. glimpse; by examining B. sight; to examine C. glimpse; to examine D. sight; examining
27. Lily, there is a surprise______ for you.
A. for store B. for storing C. of store D. in store
28. The UK is a nation of different countries______ by a common language and culture.
A. join together B. held together C. hold together D. made up of
29. She hit him________ the head with a book but dropped the beautiful watch______ her wrist.
A. on; on B. on; in C. in; around D. in; above
30. ______ main points, they haven't reached agreement.
A. For B. On C. With D. To
31. I don't believe you can do that, ________? She thought he was right, _______?
A. can you; wasn't he B. do I; wasn't he C. can you; didn't she D. do I; didn't he
32. He differed from other people_____ he always looked farther ahead in his work.
A. the B. in that C. because of D. in
33. He announced, believe it or not, _______ he would never forgive her.
A. that B. / C. which D. then
34. My father made me a promise_______ I got a good mark he would buy me a present.
A. that B. which C. that if D. if
35. Cells either divide too fast or at the wrong time, _______ it difficult for the body to function________.
A. making; properly B. make; proper C. making; proper D. make; properly
36. Yesterday, Jane walked away from the discussion. Otherwise she________ something she would regret later.
A. had said B. said C. might say D. might have said
37. ________ leaves the room last must make sure that all the windows are shut.
A. Who B. Whoever C. Whom D. Whomever
38. If I had worked harder at school，I_________ in a comfortable office now.
A. would have sat B. had sat C. would be sitting D. would sit
39. If only Marx______ this together with us!
A. had seen B. should see C. could see D. would see
40. ______ time，he'll make a first-class tennis player.
A. Having given B. To give C. Giving D. Given
41. I insisted _____to see a doctor，but he insisted nothing______ wrong with him.
A. on him to go；should be B. be went；be C. he go；was D. he should go；is
42. The two strangers are talking warmly as if_________ friends for years.
A. should be B. would be C. have been D. were
43. When a typhoon came, sand and pieces of wood were_______ into the air.
A. swept up B. put up C. risen up D. jumped up
44. James was upset today_______ because he had failed the exam, ______ because he had missed the live football match.
A. no; but B. not; but C. not; that D. not; /
45. In fact, it is a place to find solutions_______.
A. for the future B. in future C. in the future D. for future
46. His tastes are_______ mine.
A. harmony with B. in harmony with C. harmony to D. in harmony to
47. —Do you know Jim quarreled with his wife? —I didn't know, _____.
A. no do I care B. nor do I care C. I don't care neither D. I don't care also
48. It is_____ to write a letter, _______ to write history.
A. one; the other B. one thing; another C. some; some D. this; that
49. After reading the article written by the boy, the teacher was very angry, and she_____ many sentences in it.
A. crossed out B. cut off C. put on D. left off
50. He was so excited that he could say nothing but hold his sister's hands firmly. His sister said nothing, either, _______ tears coming into her face.
A. surprising B. surprised C. excited D. exciting
51. Only after_______ reached eighteen_______ join the army.
A. have you; you can B. have you; can you C. you have; you can D. you have; can you
52. —Can children swim in this pool? —Yes, however, at no time______ alone.
A. should they swim B. should swim they C. shouldn't they swim D. they should swim
53. Dr Black comes from either Oxford or Cambridge, I can't remember______.
A. where B. there C. which D. that
54. If you______ your belief, you promise to succeed eventually.
A. hug B. stick up for C. keep up with D. hold out
55. The______ woman was______ to hospital by an ambulance.
A. gas-poisoning; taken B. gas-poisoned; run C. gas-poisoning; carried D. gas-poisoned; rushed
56. A desert is a place_____ is_______ nothing but sand. But a camel can walk in the desert for months without any food or water.
A. where; almost B. there; nearly C. where there; almost D. that; almost
57. The rapid growing population is one of the major problems____ the world. We must keep the number of people_____ growing so fast in order to let our sons and grandsons live a better life.
A. faced; from B. facing; / C. facing; from D. faced; /
58. The_____ street was the only_____ to her home.
A. dead-end; access B. dead-ending; way C. dead-end; enter D. dead-ended; access
59. The willingness you have to help the poor is important, _______ is the money you've got.
A. also B. as C. not D. and
60. Nowadays, a family can hardly manage_______ 5000 yuan a year.
A. in B. on C. with D. to
  下一页
实践证明经常访问无忧英语教育网 www.51education.net ,能迅速提高你的英语学习能力!积沙成塔,不断提高! 本站所提供的所有信息仅供学校课堂教学及英语学习者学习研究之用，其著作权归原作者及媒体所有。