I. 语音 从A,B,C,D所给单词划线部分读音有一个与所给单词划线部分读音相同，请选择（5分）
1.obvious A. reality B. media C. reason D. wheelchair
2.headline A. reasonable C. dream C. creat D. rent
3.stomach A. chemistry B. switch C. chest D. cheer
4. match A. scan B. taste C. disappoint D. cigarette
5. ensure A. measure B. patient C. consist D. pleasure
6.The scientist ____that there would be a rainstorm the next week, and it did happen
A. predict B. varied C. observed D. debated
7._____ we move the picture over there? Do you think it`ll look better?
A. What if B. What about C. As long as D. Until
8.I`ve visited a lot of places and stayed in lots of different hotels, but none of them __________this one .
A. makes B. beats C. compares D. matches
9.Tom ______the girl that he ______four years ago.
A. married, engaged B. was married to ,was engaged
C. has been married to, was engaged to D. married with, was engaged in
10.It looked like rain last night, but it turned ______a fine day.
A. out B. off C. down D. up
11.Only when class began _________that he had left his book at home.
A. will he realize B. he did realize C. did he realize
D. should he realize
12.He would rather you ______like that.
A. talking B. talk C. to talk D. talked
13.It worried her a bit _____ her hair was turning grey.
A. while B. that C. if D. for
14.The fact ______ the mainland of Great Britain is made up of three kingdoms ______still unknown to many.
A. which , is B. that, is C. which ,are D. that , are
15.Around the building ______some flowers and trees.
A. is B. lies C. are D. lay
16. I didn`t understand the ______question, so there was a ______expression on his face.
A. puzzling, puzzled B. puzzling, puzzling C.puzzled, puzzled D. puzzled , puzzling
17.Before you sign anything important, pay careful _______to all conditions.
A. notice B. attention C. regards D. reference
18. Because the government was weak, the army became the ______ ruler of the country.
A. practical B. suitable C. virtual D. convenient
19. The 20th century has witnessed a worldwide political, economic, and cultural _________.
A. translation B. transportation C. tradition D. transformation
20.Although this medicine can cure you ______your illness, it has a side effect ______ you.
A. for, in B. for, on C. of, on D. of ,at
It was my birthday last Thursday. I decided to 21 by inviting a few friends out to supper. I chose a restaurant in a 22 part of town. It is one of my favorite restaurants because the food is good and the waiters are friendly. It is 23 ever crowded, because not many people know about it, so it is not usually 24 to book a table. In any case, Thursday is not a busy evening 25 .
When we entered the restaurant, we were surprised to find it completely 26 . I looked around but not 27 table was free. One of the waiters recognized me. He came across and explained the situation. A party of tourists came in about half an hour ago.” he said. It was like an invasion(侵略). Suddenly the place was full! We can hardly 28
The waiter then pointed to a table in the corner. The people there are about to 29 he said, Just hold on and you'll _ 30 a place there. He was right. Fifteen minutes later, the people 31 the corner table paid their 32 , got up and left. I led my friends across and we all sat down. 33 our table was almost out of sight. We tried to call the attention of the waiter 34 sent us there, but he, like all the other waiters, 35 the party of tourism. They ordered lots of food. At last, an hour later, the tourists were finishing their meal and looking very 36 with the meal here. The waiter who was very tired appeared at our table. I advised my friends about the best dishes and finally the waiter went off with our 37
A few moments later he returned to our table. We could tell from his face that he had 38 for us. 39 a little sorry he told us that there was 40___ left. All we can offer you he said, is an omelet(煎蛋卷) !
21. A. remember B. celebrate C. memorize D. congratulate
22. A. quiet B. calm C. busy D. silent
23. A. hard B. often C. hardly D. always
24. A. necessary B. possible C. important D. certain
25. A. as before B. as a matter of fact C. as usual D. as is known to all
26. A. empty B. full C. free D. quiet
27. A. all B. an empty C. a single D. a double
28. A. watch B. look after C. try D. manage
29. A. start B. leave C. end D. pay
30. A. find B. find out C. wait D. see
31. A. by B. beside C. at D. near
32. A money B. bill C. food D. drinks
33. A. Luckily B. Fortunately C. Generally D. Unluckily
34. A. whom B. which C. he D. who
35. A. were kept busy B. was busy with C. kept busy with D. were busy with
36. A. exciting B. tired C. pleased D. disappointed
37. A. dishes B. food C. order D. menu
38. A. good presents B. good news C. bad news D. bad presents
39. A. Looking B. Seeing C. Looked D. Found
40. A. no meat and no fish B. no meat and fish C. meat and fish D. not meat nor fish
Tourism wasn't as important as it is today. In the past, only people with a good deal of money could travel on holidays to other countries. More people travel today than in the past because there is a growing middle class in many parts of the world; that is to say, people now have more money for travel. Special plane fares(费用) for tourists make travel less expensive and more attractive than ever before. One person doesn't travel for the same reason as another. But most people enjoy seeing countries that are different from their own. They also like to meet new people and to taste new food.
Tourism causes many changes in a country and in people's lives. People build new hotels and restaurants and train native men and women as guides to show visitors around interesting places. There're new nightclubs and other amusements. International tourism is clearly a big business.
41. In the old days _________ could travel to other countries.
A. boys and girls, men or women, young or old B. either kings or queens
C. both the poor and the rich D. nobody but those who had money
42. More people travel today than in the past because______________.
A. people have become interested in traveling
B. traveling today is easier the in the past
C. people now have spare money for travel
D. great changes have taken place in the world
43. What makes travel more attractive than before?
A. Travel by air to other countries is much cheaper today.
B. More guides are being trained to show beautiful spots.
C. Modern telegraph lines make travel less expensive.
D. New hotels and restaurants have been built.
44. Which of the following statements is true according to the article?
A. Tourism won't bring any changes in people's minds.
B. People have some trouble in making journey.
C. With the development of tourism, great changes have taken place in many parts in the world.
D. Tourism causes only some changes in clothing.
45. What is the best title of the passage?
A. The Change of Tourism B. Tourism
C. The Importance of Tourism D. The Cause of Tourism Change
Did you know that a turtle（海龟）can lay 12 eggs in one minute? A large sea turtle lays
around 150 eggs at a time. She lays all these eggs in just a few minutes.
Large sea turtles live in the warm seas of the world. Except when they lay their eggs, they
spend their whole lives in the water. When it is time to lay their eggs, the females swim to land.
They usually return to the place where they themselves were born. How they find their way back
there is unknown.
When they reach shore, the big, heavy turtles crawl slowly up to the high water mark. Using
their flippers(爪), they pull themselves along the sand. They must struggle like mountain climbers.
When they finally reach dry sand, they rest before beginning the difficult task of laying eggs.
The turtles lay the eggs in deep holes and cover them with warm sand. The sand protects the
eggs from harm. Then the females leave them. After a few weeks, if you happened to be walking
along the beach, you might see the sand begin to shake. You may see tiny(very small) black balls coming out of the sand. The tiny heads of baby turtles!
46. Which sentence expresses the main idea?
A. Sea turtles have interesting life habits.
B. Sea turtles swim to shore to lay their eggs.
C. Large sea turtles lay their eggs in special ways.
D. Sea turtles enjoy staying in the sand.
47. The first sentence lets us know that this passage is about __________.
A. turtles B. oceans C. time D. speed
48. Turtles bury their eggs to protect them from ____________.
A. deep water B. danger C. heat D. bad weather
49. We can conclude (得出结论) from this passage that ___________.
A. many turtles die while swimming to shore
B. female turtles protect their babies
C. once turtles land, they never return to the sea
D. the job of laying eggs takes great strength (力气)
50. The writer compare (比较) turtles to climbers ___________.
A. because they lay their eggs in mountain areas
B. to give you a picture of how hard they work
C. to tell you that they like to climb
D. to show that mountain climbers are as slow as turtles
  下一页
实践证明经常访问无忧英语教育网 www.51education.net ,能迅速提高你的英语学习能力!积沙成塔,不断提高! 本站所提供的所有信息仅供学校课堂教学及英语学习者学习研究之用，其著作权归原作者及媒体所有。